A B-to-B research conducted recently has found that adding web spokesperson to a website boosts the traffic up by a margin of more than 79% as well as playing significant roles in creating brand awareness and making the online contents more compelling. The truth about internet marketing is that planners are initiating every new possible tool to attract the attentions of the possible customers. This process definitely boosts the lead-to-sell generations and much more. Well, in this writing, I will discuss on what a web spokesperson is, how it works and the different aspects of adding web spokesperson in a website.
‘Web Spokesperson’ refers to a kind of walk in video or flash based content that is added to the targeted website which starts a one way conversation when a new visitor makes a visit. These spokespersons are generally persuasive in nature that help the customers to gain some fundamental knowledge about the products of the website and certain other things. Basically, there are lots of web spokespersons or web assistance companies that set up auto generated spokespersons to specific websites in exchange of certain amounts of money.
However, these walk in videos work very simply. Though the nature of the presentation varies depending on what web browser the visitor is using, but they are mainly flash based contents in nature. Even if you want to add a Youtube video, it can be done. But, what really matters is the actor you are using. As marketing is not merely informing the customers about the products and other stuffs, there are certain other issues that have to be kept in mind too. For example, if you are operating a sports equipment selling company, your sale can boost up if you choose a well known sportsman to act as your web spokesperson. The technology that is used in producing these videos is called the chroma key. When the web actor speaks, a blue or green background is set and later on when editing the video; the background is replaced by the website theme or other contents. Greenscreen or plain green background is preferred in recording the videos.
Though this innovative marketing strategy is proven as effective in generating sales, but not every business owners want to introduce spokespersons to their websites for a number of reasons. However, following is a list of things that are very important.
- Having a web spokesperson in your website means you are more likely to grab the attention of your visitors
- Spokespersons answer the initial questions that the visitors may have in their first arrivals
- Helps you in driving the visitors smoothly and politely to the product purchase page
- Welcoming the visitors as well as calling them for specific actions
- Explaining about trustworthiness
- Creating a sense of applauding to the visitors
On the other hand, the following issues are considerable too.
- You may find initiating a web spokesperson to your website a bit more costly. Some companies may even cost you some $500 which may not be affordable to small businesses.
- Adding larger and unattractive videos may agitate the visitor
- The web spokesperson may not be suitable for visitors of all ages
But, all these negative aspects can as well be alleviated.
Finally, the success of your business largely depends on how you market your products. In addition, you have to struggle a lot to compete with your competitors in the world of high competition marketing. In the end, you survive only if you are the fittest one. So, web spokesperson can be an exemplary way of promoting your business.