Make a Video of yourself (or others) explaining Powerpoint slides
You can use our technology to record yourself making a presentation (or explaining the content of slides) and then merge the resulting video on top of the presentation itself, creating a new "Presentation" video that can serve many purposes.
How to make a Powerpoint presentation Video on Video:
- Place your smartphone or camera in order to film yourself while explaining your slides. Make sure to create a setup that follows our guidelines, and prepare your camera to be ready to start recording.
- Load your presentation in Powerpoint.
- In Powerpoint, go to File/Export/Create a Video. Then, in the main section, click on the button called "Don't Use Recorder Timings and Narrations" and select "Record Timing and Narrations". An alert will pop up called "Record Slide Show": make sure to uncheck "Narrations, ink and laser pointer". DO NOT PRESS the "Start Recording" button yet!
- When you're ready to start your recording session, start your camera and then click on "Start recording" in Powerpoint. Try to press the buttons (camera & Powerpoint) as fast as possible - almost at the same time.
- Go through your presentation as if you were presenting it normally - going from slide to slide whenever you want, while explaining it away.
- Once you're finished, stop the camera and the presentation recording (the latter can be done by pressing the Escape button on your keyboard).
- You now have two movies: a recording from the camera and another one from Powerpoint. Upload them both to Videostir and let our engine do its magic! In a matter of minutes you'll be able to download your Video on Presentation.
- Share your video with the world. Enjoy!